Maintaining and building trails in Central Oregon
The Central Oregon Nordic Club enhances the experience of backcountry skiing, snowshoeing and hiking in Central Oregon by:
- Organizing volunteers to maintain winter trails (diamonds, signs, brushing)
- Organizing outings for ski touring, snowshoeing & hiking
- Providing trail maps at Sno-Parks
- Advocating for protection of the backcountry experience
- Constructing and maintaining shelters
- Stocking shelters with firewood
- Teaching Nordic skiing skills for members
- Organizing annual social events for member
Your donation helps us buy trail signs, blue diamonds to mark ski and snowshoe trails. Your donation buys tools to clear the trails. And your donation helps us maintain snow shelters. CONC is a 501 (c) (3) organization and your donation is tax-deductible.
As a member, you can volunteer to work on trails – marking them and clearing them. You also can join us on our outings – weekly and overnight cross country ski and snowshoe outings.
Volunteer to help us keep the back country ski and snowshoe trails clear and well-marked. Help us cut wood for our snow shelters. Help us maintain those shelters.
Upcoming Events and Activities
CONC volunteers are continuing to stock the cross country shelters with firewood for the approaching winter. A crew of willing and eager CONC members met
On Sunday, Sunday, November 1st, CONC mainstay Linda Frost and two others hiked on some decommissioned trails south of the Crater Ditch trailhead. Linda
This past Sunday, October 25th, Club President Jerry Sebastian led what he called an “impromptu” group of five hardy hikers across Whychus Creek to the