Maintaining and building trails in Central Oregon
The Central Oregon Nordic Club enhances the experience of backcountry skiing, snowshoeing and hiking in Central Oregon by:
- Organizing volunteers to maintain winter trails (diamonds, signs, brushing)
- Organizing outings for ski touring, snowshoeing & hiking
- Advocating for protection of the backcountry experience
- Constructing and maintaining shelters
- Stocking shelters with firewood
- Teaching Nordic skiing skills for members
- Organizing annual social events for member
Your donation helps us buy trail signs, blue diamonds to mark ski and snowshoe trails. Your donation buys tools to clear the trails. And your donation helps us maintain snow shelters. CONC is a 501 (c) (3) organization and your donation is tax-deductible.
As a member, you can volunteer to work on trails – marking them and clearing them. You also can join us on our outings – weekly and overnight cross country ski and snowshoe outings.
Volunteer to help us keep the back country ski and snowshoe trails clear and well-marked. Help us cut wood for our snow shelters. Help us maintain those shelters.
Official CONC Hikes Resume – CONC President Jerry Sebestyen Leads Hikers up XC Ski Trails from Swampy Snow Park to Vista Butte
On Sunday, October 3rd, CONC president Jerry Sebestyen led seven hikers from Swampy Lakes Sno-Park up the XC Beginner Loop to Ridge Loop, hooked into
Also on Sunday, October 3rd, Linda Frost organized a hike along the McKenzie River Trail and a portion of the old Santiam Wagon Road (the